When it comes to Italian food, there are some chain restaurants that try to recreate Italian dishes with cheap ingredients and fast preparation. At Bella Via, every dish is lovingly and carefully prepped and plated in traditional Italian style; the pasta is never over-cooked, and the vegetables and sauces are fresh and wholesome.
But do you know what to order – and what you will receive when you do? Here’s a handy guide to Long Island City’s best pasta.
- Rigatoni: Enjoy our Rigatoni al Filetto di Pomodoro – a dish prepared with diced prosciutto, onions, heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil; or our Rigatoni alla Salciccia E’ Carcioffe, featuring sausage and baby artichokes.
- Ravioli: Either Ravioli in Salsa Rosa (ricotta stuffed ravioli smothered in pink sauce) or Ravioli Dei Frutti di Mare (ravioli served with seafood) can delight your palate.
- Fettuccini: Spinach fettuccini served with shrimp and mushrooms in a fresh pesto sauce is what you will get when you order Fettuccini degli Spinaci con Camberi E’ Fungi con Salsa di Pesto.
- Spaghetti: If you are a purist, enjoy our Spaghetti Carbonara, perfectly cooked al-dente noodles covered with a light sauce made from egg, butter, and cream and served with diced prosciutto, onion, and parmesan cheese.
- Angel Hair: Cappelini Mare E’ Monti features feathery, fine pasta noodles with Shitake mushrooms and shrimp.
- Gnocchi: Love potato based pasta? You won’t be able to get enough of Bella Via’s delicious spinach and ricotta gnocchi plated with olives and fresh diced tomatoes. Just ask for Gnocchetti di Ricotta E’ Spinaci.
- Linguini: Our classic Linguini alle Vongole features decadent clam sauce over fresh cooked linguini.
- Egg Noodles: Try our Paglia E’ Fieno alla Romagnola for a colorful dish of spinach and egg noodles topped with prosciutto and peas.
These and plenty of other enjoyable dishes are available at Bella Via for in restaurant or outside table dining as a family or with friends. Visit this gem in Long Island City today for a meal you won’t soon forget!